China Minghe Casting offer a wide range aluminum components such as intake manifold, heat sink, wheels, gear housings, pipe fittings, fuel injection housings, and automotive engine part by aluminum alloy.
- Permanent mold casting is also called: gravity die casting, sand casting, low pressure casting.
- Compared with Die Casting: Gravity casting parts have good mechanical properties. Because they have low porosity than aluminum die casting parts. Also, mechanical properties of permanent mold aluminum casting part can be further improved by heat treatment.
- Low pressure casting procedure is used for the production of aluminum intake manifold.
- Aluminum gravity casting can also be referred to aluminum gravity die casting, aluminum metal mold gravity casting or aluminum permanent mold casting. We talk about same kind of aluminum casting process.
- The batch aluminum gravity casting can be operated by handwork or by gravity casting machines. Because of the low cost of labor force, mostly china gravity casting foundries handle such casting process by handwork without any assistant machines.
For our customer services as follows:
1. Getting drawing or sample from customer
We can make part according on drawing or sample from customers. Our software includes UG/SOLIDWORKS/PROC E/CAD. Also we can redesign the part if customer required.
2. Making the tooling
We will send PPT to customer showing how we work on tooling. Directly to show analyze the mold flow. The tooling material is steel1045 or H13.
3. Heating the mold and prepare the molten aluminum alloy
When we finish the mold, we will assemble the gravity casting mould on the gravity die casting machine to print the parts, the molten aluminum will solidify very fast and it can not fill the cavity well if the mold is not very hot, so we will do heating the mold before casting, often round 300℃; At the same time, we have to melt the aluminum alloy and degas with nitrogen to control the porosity after casting, the temperature of the aluminum also should be under control
4. Spraying the coating to the cavity and Pouring the molten aluminum
The coating can make the cavity surface smooth, to get much better casting surface, enhance the fire resistance of the mold and improve the tooling life.
Put the core into the cavity and blow the cavity with air sprayer to guarantee the cavity is cleaning, then put the filter screen on the gate and pour the molten aluminum into the cavity.
5. Getting part
After aluminum cool down, open the mould and push out the part.